Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: need help locating pot holder tutorial

need help locating pot holder tutorial

I was surfing the web last week and found a tutorial on a pot holder where the person made squares but overlapped them over each other and ended up with a pot holder...I have searched all the words I can think of and now my brain is tired....anyone have a clue where to find it again. Was something I had not seen before...should have bookmarked it.

Thanks

Jill
    "Never approach a bull from the front,a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

Here is a link to the 10 minute potholder:

http://craftsanity.com/2008/11/nows-...hostess-gifts/

Scroll down under the Christmas Tree napkin picture and click on the blue "potholder" to get the written instructions.
    Also, scroll further down for a video tutorial. I made one of these today. Very easy and great written and video instructions. Hope this helps you.

Here's a link to criss-cross coasters:

http://patspattering.blogspot.com/20...other-way.html

To make potholders you just increase the size of the squares to 8 or 8.5" and add a layer of Insulbrite to the interior. These are folded on the diagonal, but you can also fold them parallel to the cut edge. Just be sure the folded edge is to the inside of the square when you assemble - all raw edges are on the outside.

Darren

Actually it is a specific pot holder..it consisted of multiple squares ( not layers) and each of thos squares overlapped one other creating a unique design...if I ever find it again I'll be sure and post it. I had never seen one done that way before.
    "Never approach a bull from the front,a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction"

Quote Originally Posted by JillC View Post
    Actually it is a specific pot holder..it consisted of multiple squares ( not layers) and each of thos squares overlapped one other creating a unique design...if I ever find it again I'll be sure and post it. I had never seen one done that way before.
    Found it!!! Knew it was here...from Craftybear last year....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sipzC...eature=related