Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help looking for new quilting machine.

Blog Entries

Need help looking for new quilting machine.

I am thinking about purchasing a new quilting machine. Right now I have a Brother CSi6000 and an Innovis 4500D. I only use my Innovis for embroidery and I really think the Brother is just to small and for some reason ever since I have purchased this machine it just does not like me. GGG! My SIL has the same machine and never has problems with it. Anyway as of right now I am looking around the $500 range. Anyone with any good suggestions. I really like the Brother Family.

Thanks for your suggestions.
    Verna
    Purchase Get Well Cards, scribble different signatures, put them around the house so when someone comes over they will not notice the dust, instead they will see the cards!

Blog Entries
    sorry you're having trouble with the CSi6000; I have that one and it works great. if you want just a straight stitch quilting machine, try a vintage machine. they seem to be work horses.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak THINK
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

PQ1500s is a popular brother for quilting, it is straight stitch only but you have you cs6000i for decorative stitching

Blog Entries
    Thank you for the info. QuiltnNan I was really frustrated with the CSi6000, it just does not like me. Now if anyone else sews on it, no problem. I just don't know. I know my SIL really likes hers, I have sewed on the 4500 but I don't want to put all the stitches on it from sewing. But it does sew like a dream.

Dolphyngyrl actually I have been looking at the PQ1500, sounds really interesting to me.
    Purchase Get Well Cards, scribble different signatures, put them around the house so when someone comes over they will not notice the dust, instead they will see the cards!