Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Need help making a decision

Don't forget about Craigslist. I do a search on 'sewing' and 'quilt' all the time. Usually tons of older sewing machines for under $100. I got one for $50 that came in a cabinet. It worked fine until I started dinking with the bobbin case and screwed it up. :( There's a tip: don't dink with what works!
    I have the cheap Brother from WM. It does fine for me. I just do basic stuff with it.

Hi,

When my pedal decided it was going to try and die, my husband took out the screws on the bottom and made a very minor adjustment. The pedal still works like it did when it was new! I would try that before anything.

Where in WI are you? I'm in MN and willing to give you one of my pedals if it would fit... I have 7 machines and I only use 1...

Anita

BUY A USED ONE AT GOOD WILL SALVATION ARMY OR CRAIGS LIST

Quote Originally Posted by anita211
    Hi,

When my pedal decided it was going to try and die, my husband took out the screws on the bottom and made a very minor adjustment. The pedal still works like it did when it was new! I would try that before anything.

Where in WI are you? I'm in MN and willing to give you one of my pedals if it would fit... I have 7 machines and I only use 1...

Anita
    I tried opening the pedal...either I couldn't get the little rubber things covering the screws off or I didn't find any screws on the bottom. I can't remember which. But for whatever reason it was like trying to open up an oyster shell...

I'm in the mid-western part of the state.

If you got one that'll fit a Singer 140Q I'll take it. :) According to the manual it uses a Yamamoto Electric, Model YC-482E

Let me check... I don't think, though, that anything I have will work, but I did try to help.

Anita

http://www.sewingmachineparts.net/se...ols_cords.html

has a chart that may help determine what foot controls will fit. He may have your part, just not listed online.

Done a search and came up with this one for $44 including s&h.
    http://sewingmachine221sale.bizland....re/page36.html

This ones on ebay. It looks close. You can email the seller and see if they can take a better pic of the plug.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/POWER-CORD-w-Ped...d=p3286.c0.m14

You don't always need that specific brand/item number. Which could be why you found it so pricey. You may even be able to call a local sewing repair shop and describe what it looks like.

Banned
    I wouldn't pay that price for a foot pedal. You CAN try sewing machines out at Walmart. Thats how I got mine. Otherwise take the pedal to someone who may be able to fix it.

goes to show you... we try to help each other!!

Anita

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast