Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help with older Montgomery Ward machine >

Need help with older Montgomery Ward machine

Need help with older Montgomery Ward machine

Old 02-12-2011, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by tjradj
It's not just MW machines since the 80's. A lot of companies, including Singer , started using a lot of plastic in their machines and they just don't live up to the reputation of the older, metal, heavy as a brick, machines.
I won a Babylock Quilter's Choice machine a couple years ago - grand opening prize at LQS - I use it all the time and really like it, even though it is mostly plastic.
However, I'd have kept using my very heavy, all metal Sears Kenmore until I died & been happy with it too. It has been my workhorse friend (wedding gown, prom dresses, dolls, crafts, upholstery, drapes, 4 kids' clothes, patching Carharts & denims, back packs, costumes, nursing uniforms, hubby's shirts, ties, jackets, suit, freehand embroidery on T-shirts, quilting, etc) for close to 40 years & I'll never part with it. I'm cautious with the Babylock because I feel components would break more easily than my old machine.
Old 02-13-2011, 03:22 AM

Oh I wish I could help you. I had an old MW machine and loved it till daughter took it with her. It is a mechanical from the late 60's early 70's. I remember when I took it in for a cleanup years ago and the repairman said never let this one go...it was and still is a fabulous machine running strong with great stitches. I'll look through my stuff and see if I can find anything out for you.