Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help with quilt blocks

Blog Entries
    A friend gave me some quilt blocks that have an Alice in Wonderland pattern on them. The problem is that the quilts are of varying sizes, but all have a 2.5 inch border with white background and red hearts. I need a creative idea on how to synchronize them, without cutting them up. Not sure how the borders would look at different sizes. Someone have an idea on placement, sashing, or something? Am attaching a couple photos. Sizes (as close as I can measure are)
    13.5 h x 13.5 w, 15 h x 14.75 w, 13.25 h x 13.25 w, 14.5 h x 13.75 w, 14 h x 15 w, 12.75 h x 14 w, 12h x 12 w, 13.5 h x 13.75 2, 14 h x 13.25 w
    Attached Images Attached Images          

Since the borders are all the same, can you remove them and try to square them up with the center of the blocks then reattach the borders. That is probably what I would do since they are all way off the mark of being squared while keeping the borders equal.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    use different sizes of sashing strips to make the blocks look intentionally OFF center...like floating in a sea of red...
    or black would really set them off!

Quote Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
    use different sizes of sashing strips to make the blocks look intentionally OFF center...like floating in a sea of red...
    I agree. This would be the easiest way, yet would tie them all together and make them easier to sew together. Perhaps cut some of the red heart strips off (before sashing), if they blocks are just too big?

Blog Entries
    I had a similar situation recently. I added a border the same color around each block in varying sizes, then cut the blocks all to the same size. I added sashing and borders and it all came together nicely in the end.

Here's a pic so you can see. Not very good, but the better one is on my other computer.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I agree..it would be very cool !!

Blog Entries
    I have that same material - Alice in Wonderland....hoping to get it done before Christmas. I love how she used the red hearts.

Blog Entries
    Show us what u decide!

I think that would be great