Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Need help with Quilt Guild IDEAS.

The guild I belonged to when I lived in VA. had a "meet the quilter" each month. One member of the guild was asked to bring her quilts for a trunk show. She talked about them, what inspired her to begin quilting, how long she had been quilting, what her favorite patterns, techniques, etc are. It was fun to get to know other members of the guild this way.

Blog Entries
    At Guild that I was program Director on, I organized a Mystery Tour. The first year, we went to another guild and watched "Laurie Swim" as a guest speaker. The second year, we did a mini-shophop of the 3-4 local Quilt Shops and went out for dinner. Each year cost each member between 20-35 dollars, including their meal. It was a great way to get to know the other guild members better. We also have quilt challenges every year, where the theme and directions are given out in September and judged the following September. Last year's was Recycling your Old Shirts...but you could use store bought fabric for the binding and backing only. Good luck at Guild, hope you get lots of ideas.

Blog Entries
    Our guild started a luncheon 12 yrs ago. There are 4 local guilds in our area and the pres back then felt we should share our knowledge and love of quilting with each other. This way we could know our quilting sisters and exchange ideas. It's a big deal to us--there are over 300 who attend. We come up with a theme, decorate our tables, have name tags, games, prizes and other gifts put together by the host guild or donated by the local shops (not necessarily quilt related), a block of the party that every quilter makes and then we divide up into 4 equal piles and each guild has a winner of blocks, lunch of course, show and tell and lots of goodies. We even give away a quilt put together by members. It's a chance to meet many wonderful quilters. Everyone goes home happy and next year's guild starts planning. This year is our turn again and we are having a hen party with all things chicken. Our quilt challenge involves that theme. There will be categories
    wall hanging, quilt, wearables, other art stuff. It's going to be fun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3