Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help from quilters.

Blog Entries
    I am repairing a 25-year-old bride's wedding hat that will be worn in a fashion show. It is made out of a medium weight ribbon the has been sewn together.

I need to "shape" it. What should I use? Do I spray it with a heavy starch? A fabric glue? What do you have in your quilting kit that would help me. I am thinking of spraying it with a fabric glue and shaping the top over a bowl and giving the brim a spray to take the folds out.

go to a craft store and buy stiffener- it is made specifically for this- used alot for the little stand up lace angels...the difference is- the (stuff) you are speaking of can easily loose their shape with humidity or get sticky- the I think its called stiffy comes in a jar- call ahead and ask- they should know exactly what it is

I'm not exactly sure, but what about that boning stuff you buy at Joanns that's made for dress hems?

Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    go to a craft store and buy stiffener- it is made specifically for this- used alot for the little stand up lace angels...the difference is- the (stuff) you are speaking of can easily loose their shape with humidity or get sticky- the I think its called stiffy comes in a jar- call ahead and ask- they should know exactly what it is
    :lol: :lol: :lol: (Sorry, just had a visual "Stiffy in a jar", my Aussie friends will howl over that one.) I can't even imagine asking any sales clerk if they have Stiffy in a jar. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
    Quote Originally Posted by ckcowl
    :lol: :lol: :lol: (Sorry, just had a visual "Stiffy in a jar", my Aussie friends will howl over that one.) I can't even imagine asking any sales clerk if they have Stiffy in a jar. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Howling with laughter here!

Blog Entries
    what a cute little baby. just adorable.

Over here too, and I'm not even Australian ROFL

Blog Entries
    Just had to look this up. Here it is online:
    http://www.plaidonline.com/productDe...sp?itemID=1550

Both Michael's and JoAnn's sell Stiffy. Hmmm, wonder if they got together on that?? :lol: