Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: need help with quilting decision

have outline quilted my colonial ladies-i know i'm doing this backwards...all the blocks have been stitched around-i dont usually highly quilt anything-just lightly quilt.and have been trying to come up with leaf and vine quilting or something to put between the blocks.it's for a little girl.also,since the blocks have been quilted around,does the vine go thru the block?

Quote Originally Posted by grammyv
    have outline quilted my colonial ladies-i know i'm doing this backwards...all the blocks have been stitched around-i dont usually highly quilt anything-just lightly quilt.and have been trying to come up with leaf and vine quilting or something to put between the blocks.it's for a little girl.also,since the blocks have been quilted around,does the vine go thru the block?
    grammyv I don't have an answer for you. The quilt sounds beautiful from your description. Anyway, I'll move your post back to the top, maybe somebody will have an answer.

Years ago, I did a quilt where I found a vine leaf pattern, copied it onto onion skin paper, pinned it to the sashing & borders of the quilt & quilted. They sell these kind of patterns on rolls now.

Blog Entries
    One thing I've learned about quilting is that you can do anything you want to do. I never plan anything until I have it in my hoop and look at it. Then it "tells" me how to quilt it.

decided to outline quilt the ladies,then roses in the sashing and vine and leaf in the border.1/3 done already..thanks for your help....