Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need help with the Quiltsmart midi bag construction!!?? >

Need help with the Quiltsmart midi bag construction!!??

Need help with the Quiltsmart midi bag construction!!??

Old 07-12-2015, 01:21 PM

Default Need help with the Quiltsmart midi bag construction!!??

I bought the pattern and have not had a problem fusing and sewing but the "L" bottom construction is driving me nuts. I put it together like I thought it was supposed to go but that makes the sides of the bag different lengths. ANy help is appreciated. As an observation here, these instructions need to be revised for sewers that are not taking this in a class setting with an instructor. They are too difficult to decipher. (I have sewn for many years.) TIA!!
Old 07-12-2015, 02:43 PM

Do the corners box? If so you sew the side seams then the bottom and then bring the unsewn bottom and side together and stitch across that part...clear as mud???
Old 07-12-2015, 03:23 PM
Power Poster

I took a class to make the Mondo Bag, I think it's the same. How the pieces join is odd but it works. There was numbers/ arrows and where to fold on the ends of the fusible to show how it went together. I'm glad I took the class as I was confused during the class! We all had one on one help.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:31 PM

Thanks for the responses. I finally figured it out, but not because of the poorly written instructions. It does go together like a puzzle and now that I see it, it seems simple, lol. So happy for the little things.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:42 AM

I have made 1 mondo and 4 midi bags. The first one is so confusing to put together. The pictures in the pattern do show how to do it. I spent I don't know how much time trying to put it together and was ready to go to quilt shop and finally the brain kicked in and saw how to do it.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:44 AM

I had the same problem with the L shape! I kept reading the directions and looking at the picture and finally it just clicked what I was supposed to do! I do agree, the instructions could be a little clearer there. Glad you figured it out
Old 06-12-2016, 11:09 AM

I purchased the Quiltsmart Mondo Bag pattern in 3/2016. I have been sewing/ quilting for 30+ years. I find the instructions very hard to follow and frankly, I would not have bought it if I had know instructions were so poorly written. It is a very pretty bag, just hope you have better luck in making the bag than I had.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:39 PM
jrk

Here is a very useful link on youtube.
Handmade Bags - YouTube
Old 02-10-2017, 05:27 PM

The first one I made, I spent I don't know how long I spent trying to figure it out. Finally did. I was going to go to the quilt store where I bought the pattern. If you look at the pictures, you do see that the tops are different lengths. I also made 4 of the midi bags. The same bag, only smaller. I love my mondo bag and get lots of compliments.