Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help from serging folks- New toy/no book

My husband bought me this serger, which is in working order, (allegedly) from one of our neighbor's at a garage sale for $20.00.
    It was her sister-in-law's and she doesn't know about it, and it does not come with a book. If anyone has any guidance, or knows where I can get an instruction manual, I'd appreciate it. I have never used a serger, so I'm kind of overwhelmed.
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Blog Entries
    can you go to White website and get a manual

Blog Entries
    here is link for you

http://www.whitesewing.com/products.asp

what is the model # of your serger?

It is a nice looking machine. I have never had a serger so I'm no help.

Blog Entries
    If you can"?t find a manual, open the front area to the right of the needle area. Usually you will find the color paths needed for correct threading. Start at the thread farthest to the right and follow the colorpath for that color. Then go to the thread next to the first step. Follow that path. These are the loopers. After they are threaded, (which can be very difficult!) thread your needle. If you have to remove the needle at some point, make sure to notice how it was inserted. Any numbered dials are to regulate the stitch tensions. You just have to practice with those to get it right. If you get it threaded so it is working, if you decided to change threads, tie the new thread to the old and just sew away until it gets the looper thread through. Needle thread you have to take through the eye yourself. This MIGHT help you, but I hope you can find a manual!!LOL Also.... On a serger, it is okay to "sew" without fabric under the presser foot. In fact, you need to do this so so everything stays threaded.