Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help with sewing ribbon onto bridal veil

Has anyone ever sewn satin ribbon onto a bridal veil before?
    Is there some trick? Bride wants it to be sewn all around the edge of the veil---is it better to get wider ribbon and fold in half and then sew. Any help will be appreciated.

It should be easy to do. You can do it by hand or by machine, but keep in mind that the stitches will show unless the ribbon is ruffled. I glued lace around my veil so it wouldn't show, and since it was made for just one day, it held very well. No, I stand corrected, my veil is 23 year old and the glue is still holding that lace in place.

Never done it but if I was going to I'd do it by hand and take very tiny stitches with very thin silk thread. No, scratch that, I think I'd glue it with a lightweight, bendable fabric glue. But whatever you decide, try it on a scrap piece first.

Blog Entries
    I have seen lace and satin together with no problems, just sew like normal . Never any problems , use smaller stitches to catch the netting .

for my daughter's veil, I bought a "round" satin ribbon, about 1/8" in diameter. I hand sewed it around the edge. the weight of the ribbon was just right for the tulle of the veil.