Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Need help to solve a big mistake!!

A friend of mine asked me to post this question:

She was cutting some fabric and didn't notice some of her blocks underneath the fabric she was cutting. They got small cuts in them and they were critical to the quilt pattern so she had to use them. She finished the quilt top but she has these small cuts in three of the blocks. What should she do??????

Thanks

Learn to applique! :D If she can find a small shape or something that would work with the quilt she can expand her horizons while fixing her oopsie.

applique over them.
    Gale

Blog Entries
    She could applique something over them, or do a top stitching across them using same color thread as fabric. I like the applique hiding trick myself! :-)

If I had to use them, I think I would back them with something like Seam a Seam (Lite) and then put a very small amount of fray check on the top. It dries clear, but you can feel that it is there.

* OH MAN* I've done this, but luckily hubby always makes me buy a little extra fabric....( I Know it's tough to have to get extra fabric.. hehehe)

hmmm possible use a little steam a seam behind the cuts???

a little embroidery here and there to cover the cuts ?

don't guess they are in an area u could put the label?

Blog Entries
    There isn't much for options except to patch over them in some way. That sure is a shame that it happened.

I always iron a lite fusible innerfacing over the back, and yes i've done it OFTEN :oops: sometimes my seams are too close and pull out, i do that there too

Power Poster
    That definitely is a big OOPS. (I probably would have muttered a few more vulgar words about then . . . . )

Good suggestions given.

Good idea to get the cut edges as close together and stabilized with something behind the cuts - and then she will have to use her creativity to cover the cuts - if she does appliques - she could scatter a few more over the top to make it look intentional -

Applique. Make something out of fusible web or buy some embroidered flowers, animals, butterflies etc. at the fabric store. I made a tiny cut once and covered it up with a lady bug applique from the fabric store. No one ever knew!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast