Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: need help

need help

I was given a layer cake package as a gift. It contains 20 of the palest batiks I have seen. They are very pretty but what do I do with them? Anyone suggest a pattern? What color background would make them stand out?

Jackie

Can you post a pic? Makes it easier to visualize.
    Better to do something imperfectly, than nothing perfectly.
    Done is better than perfect.

Power Poster
    Why not use them as neutrals and put them with dark batiks? As for a pattern maybe Hunter's Star or Night and Day? Someone on here did a Hunter's Star in a variety of batiks and it was beautiful.

Why not make a quilted jacket out of them?

I've never posted a picture before. Any tips?

Blog Entries
    Could you use some of them with some darker shades of batik and do a 10 min block quilt?

Tips for posting a picture....I figured some computer whiz would have already answered this by now, but I promise you that if I can do it, you can. You need to start with a picture on your computer...or is that IN your computer? Anyway...instead of clicking on "Post Quick Reply" at the bottom of this page, click on "Go Advanced." There will be a spot to click on "Manage Attachments." Do that. Then a box will appear in the top left hand corner.

It will say "choose file to upload." Do that. Then click on "Upload." Once a number appears in the box, punch on "Close Window."

That should do it. I promise, if I can do it, you surely can. I would like to see your squares. I don't have any suggestions at the moment, but I could have, ya never know.

Dina

I had some like that. Made a rag quilt with orange flannel filling. Thenorange on the fringes really perked up the batiks.

pale batiks seem to be the latest thing. i have seen them here and there around the web and at my lqs. i would just use them where i would use white or light fabrics in quilts.

Blog Entries
    I would match them up with the complimentary or coordinating color and do a block that only needs two fabrics. Then put them all together in a quilt making it look scrappy but coordinating. There are many star blocks that only need two colors.
    Joyce

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast