Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 55

Thread: Need help with this

  1. #1
    Super Member chamby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Clemmons, NC
    Posts
    1,053
    Blog Entries
    1
    I had several pre-cut practice squares that a lady gave me some time ago. I have been putting them together. I also tried using the same color scheme to make additonal blocks. I am wanting to put these together as a lap quilt. I want to use the quilt as you go method that was shared on this board. I know it is kind of scrappy but that is okay with me. I just need to know what color or print to use for the backing since it will also be showing on the front as a sashing. Please help with suggestions.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

  2. #2
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    13,233
    Hi there,
    I think a dark color/print would bring out the colors of your blocks.

  3. #3
    mygirl66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Flint, MI
    Posts
    1,698
    Red seems to be a color thru out the quilt blocks, or you could try brown, that seems to be another color that would go with it. I love the blocks, very pretty!

  4. #4
    Senior Member TammyD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    314
    Hi! I would audition fabrics and see what color pleases you. What catches my eye for possibilities is a med-dark grey or pink.

  5. #5
    Super Member brushandthimble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    North of Boston, MA, USA
    Posts
    3,630
    My first thought was black (solid), but then started thinking maybe a black and white print. Audition checks or strips, cut across the strips and it would look that piano keys.

  6. #6
    Super Member chamby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Clemmons, NC
    Posts
    1,053
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by chamby
    I had several pre-cut practice squares that a lady gave me some time ago. I have been putting them together. I also tried using the same color scheme to make additonal blocks. I am wanting to put these together as a lap quilt. I want to use the quilt as you go method that was shared on this board. I know it is kind of scrappy but that is okay with me. I just need to know what color or print to use for the backing since it will also be showing on the front as a sashing. Please help with suggestions.
    I have these on hand. What do you think?
    Attached Images Attached Images      

  7. #7
    Super Member sewcrafty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    3,962
    The 2nd one. Its looks beige on my screen. Do you happen to have any dark green? When looking at your blocks I see a lot that in them and think that might look nice also.

  8. #8
    mlaceruby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Somerset PA
    Posts
    901
    I think you need something darker and that reads nore as a solid to bring out the blocks.
    But that is my opionion!LOL
    do what you like!
    I always go with the "oooH"
    whenever choosing fabrics the one that makes me fo "oooH" is the one to use!

  9. #9
    Super Member chamby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Clemmons, NC
    Posts
    1,053
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by sewcrafty
    The 2nd one. Its looks beige on my screen. Do you happen to have any dark green? When looking at your blocks I see a lot that in them and think that might look nice also.
    I thought about the dark green. but the first block has dark green in the boarder. I thought that this would blend in too much.

  10. #10
    Super Member chamby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Clemmons, NC
    Posts
    1,053
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by mlaceruby
    I think you need something darker and that reads nore as a solid to bring out the blocks.
    But that is my opionion!LOL
    do what you like!
    I always go with the "oooH"
    whenever choosing fabrics the one that makes me fo "oooH" is the one to use!
    I am all for the darker too. But with so many colors in this one where would I go in the color choice.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.