Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: need help

Hi ladies, I need some help. i have the EQ7 and I designed a quilt for my granddaughter with the bears paw pattern and the blocks finished at 12". my problem is the half square trianges are not coming out right. i printed out the measurements for rotary cutting and it says to cut squares 2and9/16 then cut on the triangle. So my rulers dont't have 12/16" on it. How do I figure out how to cut my squares into triangles and what size they should be? I hope this makes sense to you. I also printed out the temples and tried to use those and still my squares are not the right size. Please help Thank you for any suggestions

IT'S JUST A SMIDGE OVER 1/2, I would probably go with 2-1/2, or can't you have EQ round to the nearest 8th?

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-37915-1.htm

Have you tried Rhonda's half square tut. Easy easy half squares.

I would adjust the size of the finished block so cutting the parts is easier. There is no quilt rule that says blocks must finish exactly any size.

make them larger than required and cut them down...

I changed the setting on the EQ7 it took me a few minutes to find it and printed it out and sewed a test square. it comes out almost perfect. i have not used it much still learning on it. thank you for your help. I knew if I had a problem some one on here would have an answer. Thank you so much. now to cut them out and sew them together. I hope to finish it before Christmas. I tried a wall hanging useing this pattern with a different size block and she saw that and that is the pattern she picked. she is only 6 years old. she didn't realize that nannie is not a genie. Thank you again

is there a difference between 12/16 and 3/4? just curious because that is what I would use. don't know about the 9/16, but coudn't you use a regular ruler to mark it, or would that cause problems down the road because your spot may be off a smidge

This is why I think we should all convert to metric. :-) The math EQ does is in base 10 (like metric) and then has to convert to Imperial (Inches). I get out the "Old School" drafting tools when this happens. I have a ruler that has divisions down to 1/32 inch.

Blog Entries
    No, there is not a difference.....12/16" is exactly 3/4".

Quote Originally Posted by timepasser
    is there a difference between 12/16 and 3/4? just curious because that is what I would use. don't know about the 9/16, but coudn't you use a regular ruler to mark it, or would that cause problems down the road because your spot may be off a smidge