Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need help with a VERY old quilt...

I found a quilt that my great grandmother started close to a century ago and I would love to finish it, but I am not quite sure how.

The quilt looks very similar to "grandma's flower garden" pattern (see link for reference http://www.patswebgraphics.com/country/GFGtn.gif) with one MAJOR difference....there are two different size "flowers". About half of the flowers are 2/3 the size of the other ones. This seems completely intentional, but I have no idea how to put the flowers together in quilt form once I have finished piecing them together (she cut everything out, but did very little piecing). I have seen tons of pics/patterns for flower gardens with one size flower.

Anyone seen a flower garden quilt like this (with two different size flowers)? perhaps it goes by a different name? thoughts on how it should be assembled?

THANKS!

Marcie

bj
    Would the smaller ones be the same size as the larger with one more later of hexagons going around? Maybe the larger ones are for setting the blocks together and after you attach a smaller one, centered on one side, you add the other 5 sides onto the smaller block, making it the same size as the larger one. Without seeing the blocks, I'm not sure what else might be going on. You could post a picture of the blocks side by side so we can see what you mean.

Blog Entries
    send me your email address by pm and i'll send you what you need :P

Patrice, you are one of the coolest people!!!

Jibbelle, don't forget to post a pic so we can see what great grandmother had in mind. Have fun and enjoy the time you get to spend with her via her quilt. I bet she's extremely happy you've taken on the labor of love she started!!!

Blog Entries
    I'm anxiously waiting too!

Blog Entries
    i haven't heard from jibbelle yet. i hope she sends me a photo of the flowers, too. (hint hint hint :lol: )

I will definitely post a pic once I figure out what I am doing...hehehehe.