Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need idea for denim quilt

A good friend of mine lost her husband last year. The family has saved all of his denim shirts & old jeans & would like a twin size quilt made. I want to make a special one for her because she can't sew anymore due to her MS. I know a rag quilt would work, but I'd like a different look. I thought about doing a string quilt using the denim squares as a foundation & flipping every other block, so the backside would be the reverse of the top....and maybe make some of the strings out of her old clothes. The blocks would alternate with denim, string, denim, string, etc. on both sides. I copied either a picture of a cotton quilt or an idea from the QB just a couple of weeks ago & jotted down 'try it in denim'. Now I can't find that note. AAAHHH ! I hate when I do that! Does anyone have an idea or have you seen a denim quilt that was a real knock-out?

No, but I am waiting to see yours. Your plan sounds lovely.

Blog Entries
    i really like the idea of alternating the blocks front and back.

There was a pic of one that was "crazy quilt" pieced, I'll see if I can find it.

Go to the search box and type in denim and look at all the posts, some are questions, some are pics. Many pretty ones on this board.:)

Blog Entries
    This link has ideas and pics of all kinds of denim projects and quilts. Hope it helps.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-102015-1.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Happy
    This link has ideas and pics of all kinds of denim projects and quilts. Hope it helps.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-102015-1.htm
    Thanks for the link. That had the quilt I was thinking of. (The one that looked like a cathedral window quilt) It'll be perfect & it looks pretty easy....cut, sew & done. My kind of quilting! Thanks to everyone!