Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need ideas for next quilt!

I bought a yd. of this fabric on Ebay. Want to make a quilt for my full size bed.Would like to center the panel & work around it.Would appreciate ya'll ideas.Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

cute fabric...put a small border and then Rail Fence Blocks around it? Might use a dark brownish red fabric to make the barns pop and two other shades of brown for the rail fence blocks.

Blog Entries
    I was thinking cut a panel size piece (or keep it the size it is now if you like it that way) and then add a "fence" border so it looks like the animals are fenced in.

Blog Entries
    Here is the link to a quilt that I did in a similar fashion. That would be one option you could consider.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-91087-1.htm

Kas
    Quote Originally Posted by PWinston
    Here is the link to a quilt that I did in a similar fashion. That would be one option you could consider.

That is a great idea. I'm gonna borrow it! I also have a big chunk of fabric I really don't want to cut and some coordinating fabrics to go with it. It was the poppy print from about 3 or 4 years ago. It was pretty popular and was gone from my lqs in a week! I had to go online to find the parts. I lusted for it so bad and then it is still in a plastic tub waiting for love!

Quote Originally Posted by Neena
    cute fabric...put a small border and then Rail Fence Blocks around it? Might use a dark brownish red fabric to make the barns pop and two other shades of brown for the rail fence blocks.
    That's a good idea....and you could also fussy cut squares and add a couple of colors that popped which would add a bit more interest. :-D

Quote Originally Posted by PWinston

Oh I really like that one....great idea!

you know I've never made a quilt with animals in it before lol. Have no idea. be sure to post when completed. :)

I have some of this I bought back in the 80's or early 90's, can't wait to see what you come up with!