does anyone own an Elna Excellence 740.
I would like to know if anyone has experienced any problems with this machine.
Here are some I've noticed
- Pivot pin doesn't stay in place (doesn't matter if a single piece of fabric, stabilized fabric or quilt)
- Lettering first Letter is wider spaced than the others
- Needle threader doesn't thread right away (takes more than a couple attempts)
- Stippling this is the biggest boo boo! Tension is totally off, no matter what you put the dial on, the automatic setting doesnt' do it at all here. I tried each number on the dial, even match the threads just no luck
- decorative stitches when quilting, even with the right foot designs will be distorted
- after using the automatic thread cutter you will have a huge knot on the backside of your quilt, or on the regular sewing stitch
My friend owns the same machine and experiences the same problems, now I'm wondering, is there anybody else out there, who has similar problems with this machine.
I know Elna and Janome are related, I'm highly impressed with my old Janome.
Both machines are at the dealer right now, he really tries to fix the problems and wants to see us happy.
It's just frustrating, now finally you have a machine that is your dream and after owning it for a couple of weeks, it's already off to repairs.
It's not the dealer fault, I know that, but I do want a sewing machine, that doesn't give me a lot of hassle.
Thanks for letting me vent, and for any shared experiences with this machine.