Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need inspiration!!!

Somehow I can not get the inspiration to finish the quilts that I have started never mind starting my new ones. I just don't seem to have the push to sit down & sew. PLEASE HELP!!!!!

Power Poster
    Do a small project to get you in the mood to sew. Do a mug rug (the new mapleleaf ones on QB tutorials are cute),tablerunner/placemats, apron,hot pads etc. I like to do a few small projects between my big ones for quick rewards. Sometimes I clean and oil my machine between projects and get it working at it's best.

When I get that way I put sewing away for awhile and do something different. after awhile I see some pretty fabric or a quilt and I get in the sewing mood again. I think we get that way sometimes.

Join in one of the swaps where you have to finish by certain date...small project like "doll quilts"

Blog Entries
    Agree. Walk away. Do something else.

Thank you all!! Maybe the cooler weather will give me the push to go to my sewing room. Will let you know

Sounds to me like you just need the time away. It'll pass.

I am on a deadline and having the same problem of getting myself going. We just came back from Kauai, so I am still feeling a little jet lagged. I hope I can hit it this weekend! I think that is a good idea to make a mug rug. I love making those things! I would make them all the time if I had not committed myself to other things!!!

Blog Entries
    Okay, this is gonna sound strange, but.......30 minutes aerobic exercise should do the trick!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alikat110
    Okay, this is gonna sound strange, but.......30 minutes aerobic exercise should do the trick!!!!!
    When I saw the 30 minutes, I thought, "Yes, don't plan on doing a day of sewing, just break it into 30 minute bites. If you have multiple projects, pick one to concentrate on." Then I saw the words "aerobic exercise"... guess I just wasn't thinking along the same lines. :oops:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast