Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need Jacob's Ladder Yardage help please

Hi, I want to make a jacob's ladder, but I want to make sure i have enough fabric (using stash). I have the block from quilter's cache, but need your help.

Maybe someone with EQ or the pattern could help. I want to do a traditional Jacob ladder with either 2 or 3 colors depending on the yardage requirements. I can sew until the sun sets and rises, but math not such a strong suit of mine. I have looked for the pattern in LQS but no luck. And I hate waiting for something to be shipped

I want to make at least a twin(lap) but will make queen if I have enough fabric in my stash.

Thanks SOOOOOO much for your help. I can't buy EQ until I am working at least 40 hours a week and can save up.

I have a Jacob's Ladder pattern. I'll PM you.

What is EQ?

Quote Originally Posted by sewgull
    What is EQ?
    Electric Quilt. It's a really cool designing program. Check it out at www.electricquilt.com

Thank you danmar. I always love looking at your quilts.

sent you a PM

aaaaagh! So we won't know the answer to her question? I want to make our Jacob's graduation quilt with the Jacob's Ladder block. I want to use 3 colors. How can I figure out the yardage. I want the size to be a couch size since he is very tall (well, for our family, 6'4" is tall).
    I know how to make the block, but I don't know how to figure out the yardage. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

There was a time, I'd just buy a whole lot, but with the pinching of pennies and the rise in cost of fabric, I won't be buying too much more than I need.

Quote Originally Posted by GailG
    aaaaagh! So we won't know the answer to her question? I want to make our Jacob's graduation quilt with the Jacob's Ladder block. I want to use 3 colors. How can I figure out the yardage. I want the size to be a couch size since he is very tall (well, for our family, 6'4" is tall).
    I know how to make the block, but I don't know how to figure out the yardage. Can someone help? Thanks in advance.

There was a time, I'd just buy a whole lot, but with the pinching of pennies and the rise in cost of fabric, I won't be buying too much more than I need.
    I will try to remember to look for it tomorrow. Heading for bed now.