Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need longarm tips for starts and stops

I was working on a baby size quilt with my longarm and finally finished it. I was so excited until I took it off the machine and realized that some of the starts and stops are coming unravelled! I picked them apart and have to go back and try to fix them. Can anyone who does longarming explain how they do their starts and stops? An example is working with pinwheels and outlining each one. If I take any extra stitches at the beginning or the end, it shows on the back and looks quite messy. Any hints or tips?
    Thanks in advance!

I leave a thread to tie and bury. Time consuming but you can't see the ends.

MTS
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by greensleeves
    I leave a thread to tie and bury. Time consuming but you can't see the ends.
    :thumbup: :thumbup:

And I wouldn't care if the LA left them and I had to bury them myself.

It looks so much better than the little knot piles (especially light thread on dark back or dark on light).

the choices are:
    bring bobbin thread to top- leave tails- go back later, thread the tails onto a needle- and bury them inside the sandwich-
    bring bobbin thread up, leave tails- tie tails in knots- bury in sandwich-
    or start and stop with 3-5 tiny stitches in place- then clip tails close to surface.

Thanks for everyone's help! I never thought of buring the tails in the sandwich.