Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need manual for Dressmaker D-2 15 clone sewing machine >

Need manual for Dressmaker D-2 15 clone sewing machine

Need manual for Dressmaker D-2 15 clone sewing machine

Old 07-03-2011, 05:47 PM

Hi everyone... Need a manual (or copy of one), box? cabinet ideas? wiring diagram?

I just recently found a beautiful Japanese, all metal, vintage sewing machine. Beautiful. It's a 15 clone from the 40's or 50's (my guess). It's a Dressmaker Model D-2 Precision De Lux. It is slightly different from a singer 15-91, in it's thread take up/path. Has the three feed dog settings on the top bed (Embroid, Silk, Normal), numbered tension on the face plate, etc. This thing is pristine. All chrome and mocha/pink with white balance wheel and white face cover... like a LBOW machine.

Yes, Billy... I've already noted that it has the dual plug in, into the block in the case. The wiring looks fine, actually. But it looks like somebody whacked an extension cord/used replacement lamp cords for the rest. (See photo). I'm about to get the electrical tester out to check things out. I dislike the foot pedel and hopefully, at some point might replace it.... but...

Unfortunately, the case was smashed in transit (USPS and poor packing). So I'm also looking for a replacement case - I might be able to use my dovetail jig to create a nice oak box for it, based on the measurements of the smashed bits. But would like to find someone with knowledge of what kind of table it might fit in. Haven't checked yet to see if it'll fit into any of my singer cabs.

LOVE the oil ports on it... they are chrome chased and have floating bearings in them... keeps the dust out. Very cool.

Here are some pictures. If anyone has a manual/wiring diagram, threading diagram or actually... any info... I'd appreciate it. Thanks, kim

Dressmaker Model D-2 Mocha Precision Deluxe Japan 15 clone
[ATTACH=CONFIG]220558[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-220552.jpe  
Old 07-03-2011, 09:14 PM

Don't have a book or instructions, but that is a beautiful machine!
Old 07-04-2011, 08:53 AM

Yes, it sure is... the japan on it is nice and thick. A few nicks here and there... prob. from the lousy packing. <sigh>

The wiring all tested out fine. I'm going to oil her up and hand turn her for a bit, adjust the belt, and get her up and sewing later today. I can't wait. The terminal block wiring scheme is interesting... I've not ever seen things wired like that before; but at least it's easily transferable.

Just the chrome alone is amazing on it. I'll do more pictures and post em in the picture place in a while. I'd rather play with it now! lol. Thanks.

Anyone out there got the manual?
Old 07-04-2011, 09:45 AM

Jenny over at Sew-Classic has a generic HA-1 (15 clone) manual for free on her web blog. Manual originally compiled by Bill Holman who is one (?) of the OSMG's over at vintage singer yahoo group. I think it's the same person anyways. I'm going to use that for now, thread and fix up my 'new' baby. Would still like to find originals/scans of the Dressmaker manual... though...