Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need a Mini-quilt + Calendar Hanger

I'm not having much success with google on this, so I'm turning to all of you for help...

My cousin and I have challenged each other to make each of the monthly mini quilts in Jodi Warner's "A Year of Flower Blocks" (http://www.amazon.com/Year-Flower-Bl...2556763&sr=8-1).

There are directions in the book for a cute wooden hanger to display the blocks (you can see it in the photo below), but I thought to myself, "There surely must be a way to buy or make a combination quilt+calendar hanger..." I'd envisioned something with a wire rod or something that you would hang a standard calendar from, with space above to hang each month's mini (using little velcro dots or something).

Have any of you clever folk seen such a thing, or do I just have to break down and design one myself??

Thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a great idea!! You can get the small white towel or washcloth racks, they already have the small white knobs on them. I have seen them at Wall Mart. That might give you a starting point.

Blog Entries
    I will try to explain what I did I took a 16 1/2 square
    did minature blocks for a border made a sign under saying
    {Tis The Season] fastened it on the square with velco also put velcro on . I quilted it and put velcro in the empty square and also on the backs of my mini quilts---a sleeve on the main part with a dowel and hanger hope this makes sence it works for me and I get lots of compliments on my
    small blocks pieced border
    Dodie

Dodie and Ninnie,

Thanks for your ideas and comments. Here's what I've come up with. This is going on the end of a white kitchen cabinet, so I wanted something that would match -- and that would look "permanent," if that makes sense... :lol:

Your thoughts??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    I love this idea!!! My mom has a similar frame, but couldn't find the calendars to fit it any more. I am making a quilt to hang in the top portion and the calendar will be thumbtacked into place. Hers has the corkboard already on it.

Corkboard, eh? That's a good idea.... I wonder if (a) it comes in white, or (b) it can be painted?

How do you plan to hang the quilts, with Velcro or pushpins? I don't mind using pins for the calendar portion, but I'm not keen on putting pins through the quilts....

Blog Entries
    your idea sounds and looks great you have given me a great idea thanks Dodie

I don't think I would paint the cork board as the paint may chip off. Have you thought about covering it with white (or any other color) Material?

Quote Originally Posted by bjdemir
    I don't think I would paint the cork board as the paint may chip off.
    Good point, I hadn't thought of that. Thanks....

I've turned the problem over to my DH; he's bound to come up with something clever, he always does. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Quiltin'Lady
    Dodie and Ninnie,

Thanks for your ideas and comments. Here's what I've come up with. This is going on the end of a white kitchen cabinet, so I wanted something that would match -- and that would look "permanent," if that makes sense... :lol:

Your thoughts??
    great idea

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast