Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need a motorcycle picture and some suggestions

Need a motorcycle picture and some suggestions

I'm doing a t shirt quilt for a chapter of the muscular dystropy foundation as a fund raiser. This will be my first t shirt quilt. I need ideas on what else I can use, instead of fusible webbing to back the t-shirts .

I am also looking for a 3 inch outline of a motorcycle that I can hand quilt in the corners of the quilt. I can't draw at all!

Thanks

Laura

for the photo/outline - I'd look online for pictures and trace the outline...use a copier and reduce or enlarge as necessary. what do you mean by "what else I can use" do you mean what you can use instead of fusible webbing?
    Kate

For the picture, I'd try an internet search using the words, 'free clip art motorcycle' or 'coloring book motorcycle'. I once got a 4-wheeler picture that way and did a block of applique for a little boy's quilt. The grandma had white squares of fabric that she passed out at the baby shower and then assembled the blocks that were sent back to her into the cutest quilt with names from the family and friends that did the blocks.

Google: "coloring pages" +"motorcycle"
    Cindy

Curator of an 1889 Singer model 27 Fiddlebase Treadle, a 1951 Singer Centennial Featherweight, a 1956 Singer 401A, and a 1982 Bernina 830 Record.

My DH had a chopper magazine that I just traced one of the bikes from with tracing paper. I didn't want to use a brand specific as I didn't want to infringe on any copyright law. Stitched over the papers. I'm pretty sure the webbing is to keep it from stretching etc so you would want it in there.

Yes I was wondering if there was something else I could use instead of fusible webbing so the quilt would not be as stiff. Thanks for all the ideas on the motorcycle

I used the lightest weight fusible backing, I know most patterns say use the medium weight. I did not want the stiffness also. This worked for me, especially after I washed the quilt.
    Happy Sewing, Lisa E.