Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
need name of this fabric design >

need name of this fabric design

need name of this fabric design

Old 02-12-2016, 05:29 AM

I alos saw this at Marshall Dry Goods, but not in this shade of red
Old 02-12-2016, 06:16 AM

I have a marbleized brown that looks like yours. What is still intact on the selvage says "Spirit Sandscapes 20475 100% cotton by Deborah Edwa" ( I assume Edwards). I bought it at Burkholder Fabrics in Denver, PA last fall.
Old 02-14-2016, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by Just Jan View Post
I ended up purchasing a yard of each of the 15 colors. Jan
Jan, do you have a project in mind for all of this, or are you just adding to stash? The reason I ask, is my DH bought me a yard of over 20 fabrics similar to this, and I can't decide if I should use them all in 1 quilt or not. Georgia in FL
Old 02-14-2016, 07:37 PM

I would LOVE to see a photo of any projects that incorporate this lovely fabric!
Old 02-14-2016, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by alikigirl View Post
Jan, do you have a project in mind for all of this, or are you just adding to stash? The reason I ask, is my DH bought me a yard of over 20 fabrics similar to this, and I can't decide if I should use them all in 1 quilt or not. Georgia in FL
I'm making a quilt using six colors: purple, green, blue, pink, tan, and orange-ish rust. I had the coordinating fabric in those colors in my stash. What makes it work is the solid black. The pinwheels form as the blocks are set together and I'm adding a solid black border. I'm sure you could use white or ivory with them and use as many colors as you want. I don't have a picture of the top yet but scanned parts of it for you to see. Hope they post and you can get ideas.
The first pix is a blue 10" single block. Its know by several other names: Twin Sisters, Whirl Wind, and I think there are at least two more names for it. The last block is purple, not gray as it looks here!
Attached Thumbnails twin-sisters-block-001.jpg   twin-sisters-1-001.jpg   twin-sisters2-001.jpg  

Last edited by Just Jan; 02-14-2016 at 09:02 PM.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by sushi View Post
I would LOVE to see a photo of any projects that incorporate this lovely fabric!
Sorry I don't have a pix of the whole quilt top "yet" . I have other quilts finished that I want to post, too, but have to learn to download pix from my camera to this puter. I finally learned to get them out of my phone but it doesn't take great pictures. Call me Techy Challenged. Anybody got a 10 year old kid to rent out to teach me? LOL Maybe by the time its sandwiched and quilted I might learn.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by BettyM View Post
I have a marbleized brown that looks like yours. What is still intact on the selvage says "Spirit Sandscapes 20475 100% cotton by Deborah Edwa" ( I assume Edwards). I bought it at Burkholder Fabrics in Denver, PA last fall.
I think I found the ones you are describing, They are beautiful. They said Artisan Spirit Sandscapes and have very fine gold shimmery lines in them, like looking at sand shimmering in the sun. Different from mine, but georgous!