Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need opinions on Connecting Thread's fabric >

Need opinions on Connecting Thread's fabric

Need opinions on Connecting Thread's fabric

Old 08-31-2011, 09:19 PM

I am making a whitework sampler and want a different color for the background than the pattern shows (theirs is medium yellowish brown) - I want an aqua background-Connecting threads has just the color I want in their "Mirage" line-and was wondering if any of you have used that fabric and what the quality is. I will be using Kona white solid for the applique, which I know is nice quality. I just don't want the background fabric to be too flimsy to thin compared to the Kona applique. I was also thinking of using a Mirage fabric for the backing. There is a picture of the Whitework Sampler on the board which someone posted a while ago if you want to see it. Anyway, just wanted some opinions from those of you who have used it.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:23 PM

I've purchased their fabric about 3-4 times on the internet and am quite pleased with them. Granted, their supplier is not Moda or one of the big names, but the fabric seems quite good.

I get all my thread from them...love it. No lint from the spool.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:27 PM

I went berzerk on their clearance section and ordered 26 yards of fabric and it came in last week. It seems to be really good quality and just GORGEOUS. The only problem I have is that some of the fabrics just don't match up the way I thought they would since I couldn't see them in person. However, I've already begun rearranging my plans for it. I love all 26 yards :)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:27 PM

Yes, I have heard their thread is good. I have lots of thread (always get a bunch when it is 50% off), but I am thinking of getting some of theirs, anyway. I was just a bit concerned about the fabric since the price is only $4.96/yard-thought it might be the same quality as the Joann's Keepsake or Wallmart-and I wouldn't mind if the whole quilt was make of that, but I already bought my Kona cotton for the applique. Thanks for your input!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:31 PM

Wow-26 yards!! I can see how easy it would be-their prices are really good. In fact, while I was searching for the aqua color I wanted, I found a few more I really liked!! Plus, free shipping on $50.00 or more! I can throw a few spools of thread and spend that easily!
Old 08-31-2011, 09:35 PM

Yeah, my stash was looking a bit anorexic. I got a lot of their 1930s reproduction fabrics. I think they would be perfect for a Cathedral Window quilt. And Christmas stuff of course! It averaged out to about $3/yard. Not bad, not bad :)
Old 08-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Banned

I found the CT Mirage line to be thin...love the colors, but not the quality I was hoping for!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok
I found the CT Mirage line to be thin...love the colors, but not the quality I was hoping for!
That is what I was worried about-especially once washed-plus, it needs to be a good weight to handle the heavy applique with the Kona cotton. I usually don't buy on-line fabric because you cannot really be sure of the color and I like to feel the fabric between my fingers!! I am heading to Joann's Friday (big Memorial Day sale) to see what they have, armed with my coupons and additional 10% off-I have to be down there in the area anyway on Friday, so I thought I would just check it out before deciding on Connecting Threads. Thanks!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:28 PM

why don't you order 1/2 yard. i'm sure if its not the quality you need you can add it to your stash.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 PM

I like CT fabric in general, but I'm not familiar with their Mirage line. Have you looked for Kona in the aqua color you want? They seem to offer quite a range of colors, and the price is very reasonable.