Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need this Pattern! Can you tell me the name?

Quote Originally Posted by QM View Post
    Actually, since the petals are not all equal, I suspect what the lady did was cut complete petals and overlap them. When you have half of the petal cut out, fold it in half to cut the other half. I love this scrappy pattern. I think I will try it.
    My Mamaw would love that! I recognize alot of those fabrics from my Papaw's work shirts, clothes she made me, and some of her own. She didn't have much schooling, I think she finished 9th grade, was brillant in many aspects. When asked if she could do anything in the world what would it be, she stated she would go to college, becuase she loved to learn new things. She sewed, canned, quilted, made furniture, made the BEST chicken and dumplings in this world, and could catch and fry crappie like no one else. She died at 93 years old and was married 74 years.

Blog Entries
    scroll way down to see flower petal placemats picture. some what like your photo.
    http://www.quilters-connection.com/classes.asp

There is a website with a tablemat pattern that looks a lot like your picture. It is called wonderwomanquilts.com

mltquilt

Banned
    It is probably called Dahlia. It is an old pattern. It can be hand drawn if you feel comfortable.
    Take graft paper and draw lines in center of square up and across and diagonally. Then draw one side of the petal and fold paper and draw the other. The petals do overlap. You could, of course cut the excess from the back when you finih the applique. I judged a show yesterday that had these as the border. When you draw your square the finished size of the block then leave about 1/4 margin all around the square to get the size of the petal. Remember the secret to drawing a perfect petal is when both sides match. When you get the size you need then add the seam allowance. Can then be needle turned or use a template to fold over the edges or can be blanket stitched.

Could this be what you are looking for? Looks like it is called "Friendship Dahlia"

http://www.french-knots.com/wp-conte...a_applique.pdf
    Last edited by cad_queen_2000; 09-11-2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: added name of block

QM
    If you are unable to figure it out. PM me. I could email or post you the pattern.

That flower pattern is beautiful.
    Fabric is like money, no matter how much you have it's never enough.

Lisa - a big THANK YOU for the Ctrl + - I had no idea you could increase the size of computer images! It will sure make life a lot simpler than trying to increase applique patterns by hand and/or running to Staples!

I have a book that calls this pattern Friendship Dahlia; however the petals are not as fat. I bet she made her own.
    Retired teacher, loving it.
    Love quilting also.

Yes, it does look like the Dahlia pattern. I had been sitting here trying to remember the name.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast