Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need a Pattern for Project Kit for Classes

I use a medium size box. The boxes that reams of paper come in work best. They are very sturdy, have two handles, and a lid that doesn't have to be folded in. Everything fits, fabric patterns, iron, pins, scissors, rulers, rotary cutters, etc. Then all I have to transport is a box, my sewing machine, and a mini ironing board.

I just made a tool caddy that hangs in a bucket. Then I found it at Harbor Frieght for less than $10. Oh well..I like mine better! I am still stocking it tho. Just when I think I have everything I could need, I think of something else. here is a picture
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Beth in AZ
    www.bzyqltr.blogspot.com
    Innova 22' with Lightning Stitch and Pantovision
    Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you too can become great. Mark Twain

Blog Entries
    Soccertxi, I really like the round bucket. Something like that is what I had in mind when I started out. I think I will make a trip to Harbor Freight tomorrow. The only thing is that I will be using the case to carry my sewing machine and I don't know if the bucket will fit, but looks like it would be handy for the sewing room.

I made these for my friends in my quilting class last Christmas....They loved them.

I have a rollup tote that was supposed to be for makeup when traveling -- it has worked for me for years but is not as pretty as the ones you folks have made.
    QuiltnLady1

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

Blog Entries
    Thanks JenniePennie for the inspiration...I needed to make one for a class I am taking tomorrow...and liked the smallness of the one in your link. I am thinking it may even fit in my FW case this summer in the RV. Thanks.

I just need to buy a mini rotary cutter....my larger OLFA doesn't fit.
    And I can seem to delete the duplicate pic either! Sorry.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  1.88 MB
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by vanginney; 03-10-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Polly~
    What a great idea! I used a quilters tote and sorted my quilting supplies and put it in pockets/old makeup pouches. One thing I like for classes is the cutting board that has an iron padded side that serves for two tasks.

Sylvia

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2