Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need a pattern for repro prints >

Need a pattern for repro prints

Need a pattern for repro prints

Old 07-19-2010, 07:37 PM

I need help deciding on what pattern to use reproductions prints. Keep in mind I'm a newbie so nothing too complicated. I really would like something that represents that era. I have tried making pinwheels but not real thrilled with the results. I have 4 packs of 5" charms, 4 yards of a reproduction print and 4 yards of white. What can I do with this?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2010, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

I have made several 9 patches with the repr fabrics. I use them, altenating with white, like checkers. Am I making sense? They are easy and very pretty!
Old 07-19-2010, 07:57 PM

Another member here made a beautiful quilt. I hope it's ok that I post a link to it...

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-54362-1.htm
Old 07-19-2010, 08:00 PM

Dresden Plate makes a nice block. Also, I found a free pattern to download on Connecting Threads site that I'm thinking of doing. I have lots of original 30's and 40's fabric to use. The pattern is called Whirling Pinwheels. There are lots of traditional blocks available that would look good. Churn Dash would be a good one. Look on Quilter's Cache web site. She must have them all. As you can tell, I prefer the old traditional looking quilts. Have fun!
Old 07-19-2010, 08:03 PM

I have the same thought as you ... I am going to make this quilt but enlarge it so it's a queen bed size. Guessing by what you have for fabric - I think you could do the same.

If you like it, I'll scan the pattern to you ... for free!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-73810.jpe  
Old 07-20-2010, 04:34 PM

Single or Double Irish Chain. Applique something simple in the white block or embroider a Sunbonnet Sue or Parasol Lady.
Old 07-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

try looking for patterns called Rail Fence which i s very easy for starting out. Delectable Mountains uses half suare triangles but don't let that stop you. Yes soom of the first attemps may not be quite right but so what, kep on working at it. what's nice about this pattern is half of it is plain fabric which makes the piecing go faster and the blocks are done real fast. The fan is an easy curve pieced and quick to master, really! The snowball is another great beginer pattern.Hope this helps you chose a pattern.Let us know! ube