Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need a quick pattern I can finish this weekend >

Need a quick pattern I can finish this weekend

Need a quick pattern I can finish this weekend

Old 07-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Power Poster

Jenny from MSQC posted a new pattern called Chopped Block. It uses charm squares and jelly rolls I think.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:24 PM

Fastest one for me is the jelly roll quilt. I sew strips end to end until the length is what I want the quilt width to be. Then sew the strips together. Be sure you sew strips in opposite direction to keep from bowing. Right to left, then left to right. Keep going until the finished size suits you.
To avoid having the seams right next to each other, you can cut off a few inches of one strip to remedy that.
It takes only a little longer to sew end to end at an angle instead of straight across. It does look much better this way.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:28 PM

Fastest one for me is the jelly roll quilt. I sew strips end to end until the length is what I want the quilt width to be. Then sew the strips together. Be sure you sew strips in opposite direction to keep from bowing. Right to left, then left to right. Keep going until the finished size suits you.
To avoid having the seams right next to each other, you can cut off a few inches of one strip to remedy that.
It takes only a little longer to sew end to end at an angle instead of straight across. It does look much better this way.
I would quilt this in long wavy lines, to save time. Waves don't have to be perfect.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:32 PM

My favorite fast quilt is Fractions.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:36 PM

I just made my first Warm Wishes quilt top and LOVE how easy it was--and yet looks more complicated. I will definitely making this one again when I need one in a jiffy.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:37 PM

I don't know the name of this one, but someone on this Board posted it a week or so ago, and it was the fastest top I have ever made. All the pieces are 2 1/2" wide and 6 1/2" long, so it would work for a jelly roll, although I just cut strips. It is assembled by sewing three WOF strips together then cross cutting in 6 1/2" pieces, then just sewing one piece on the top and one the bottom. Assemble in vertical rows, staggering them so there are NO matching seams. I did this top in just 4-5 hours. (obviously haven't sandwiched or quilted it yet). Made it for a charity quilt, think I will do more like this one. It looks great as a scrappy quilt too.[ATTACH=CONFIG]483494[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails p1110242.jpg  
Old 07-15-2014, 06:42 PM

I really like this one, what a gorgeous quilt! I think it would work well with my fabrics too.

Originally Posted by Jeanne S View Post
I don't know the name of this one, but someone on this Board posted it a week or so ago, and it was the fastest top I have ever made. All the pieces are 2 1/2" wide and 6 1/2" long, so it would work for a jelly roll, although I just cut strips. It is assembled by sewing three WOF strips together then cross cutting in 6 1/2" pieces, then just sewing one piece on the top and one the bottom. Assemble in vertical rows, staggering them so there are NO matching seams. I did this top in just 4-5 hours. (obviously haven't sandwiched or quilted it yet). Made it for a charity quilt, think I will do more like this one. It looks great as a scrappy quilt too.[ATTACH=CONFIG]483494[/ATTACH]
Old 07-15-2014, 06:46 PM

Hmm... Maybe this one:

http://quiltingtutorials.com/all/zip...quilting-easy/
Old 07-15-2014, 07:00 PM

How about using the 10 minute block? Maybe a 3 x 5 block? These are really fast!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbTHlGGKMPM
Old 07-15-2014, 07:56 PM

Wow, those are cool! Have you made one?

Originally Posted by Susann View Post
How about using the 10 minute block? Maybe a 3 x 5 block? These are really fast!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbTHlGGKMPM