Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Need Quilt Motion Help !!!!

Need Quilt Motion Help !!!!

I have had my Quilt Motion for about one month and really enjoy using it. Right now I am concentrating on pantographs. I have used the limited pantograph selection that was preloaded on my machine. I have not been able to start my Sew at Home classes yet. I have 2 questions but the first question is most important while the second question is a "while I am posting, go for everything"

#1 I was told I could simply record my exisiting pantographs from my library. The sales person mentioned about laying out my pattern and recording it. How can I do this and save them in the Quilt Cad program? I cannot wait to add my pantographs as I have an extensive paper library I want to record and then toss all that paper! These are basically all hand drawn patterns to begin with.

#2 If I want to purchase pantographs from another source, how do I know what format to ask for??

I am sure these questions would have been answered in the lessons.
    Thanks for all your help

If your Quilt Motion has the import/export module you will be able to import several types from the various other computerized quilting systems. I had to call Grace to have them get my activated. It comes with Quilt Motion. What type of a machine do you run your QM on.

I will do some investigate the recording feature with quilt cad.