Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need some opinions on border fabric (pics included) >

Need some opinions on border fabric (pics included)

Need some opinions on border fabric (pics included)

Old 07-09-2010, 06:04 PM
Power Poster

An idea -

Use the white for an inner border - then use all the pastels in a piano key type border
Old 07-09-2010, 06:18 PM

Way cute! If you don'r want to miter, you could make cornerstones out of the same hst's you used to build the blocks.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Power Poster

I like it with the feet closest to the quilt all the way around. And yes you would need to miter the borders.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:49 PM

That's kind of large of a border for that size quilt. I love your fabrics! I am wondering if your border will distract from the insides? Post a pic of it when finished please.

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by franie
How wide will the borders be? The size shown?
Oh no, they won't be as wide as what is shown. I just unfolded the fabric some to show the pattern. I don't know for sure how wide they will be yet but somewhere in the 5" range probably.
Old 07-09-2010, 06:51 PM

Yes, I just thought it was too bold for the border and not the soft look. Maybe a small border of your bunny fabric before a larger border of something simple and soft. Something more to give you food for thought.

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
Originally Posted by All Thumbs
Well, if I may be so bold to say I would not use that dark fabric as anything on the front--border or not. It seems to take away from the softness of those baby colors. I would, however, make the entire backing with it thus not having a standing problem and it coordinates with the center fuzzy cut fabrics within the blocks. Good Luck. Be sure to post a finished product for us to see.
I really appreciate your honesty. The same thought had gone through my mind at first (the border fabric being too dark), but I really wanted to use it. I didn't even think about using it for the back. The quilt is for my daughter (she's 3 1/2) and I knew she would love all those bunnies on the wall. I'm going to listen to my "little voice" and your opinion and just use this fabric on the back.

So problem solved on which way to face the bunnies! :) Now I just need to figure out what I'll do for borders.....
Old 07-09-2010, 07:27 PM

Good Luck !!!! She'll Love it no matter what, as she gets bigger, let her know you ask folks all over the world for the solution, and when you post finished, will have compliments from all over the world :)
Because that is Adorable !! :-D :-D
Old 07-09-2010, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
Good Luck !!!! She'll Love it no matter what, as she gets bigger, let her know you ask folks all over the world for the solution, and when you post finished, will have compliments from all over the world :)
Because that is Adorable !! :-D :-D
This is soooo true! I showed my daughter the posts I received regarding questions I had making her quilt and she was quite impressed! Heard her telling a friend "a lady from Ireland was telling Mom she loved my quilt!"
Old 07-09-2010, 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Candace
I mean have the bunny feet facing in like Butterfly wing. If a couple of them face outward, no biggie. It would just look better, imo to have most of the feet facing inward.
I have no clue why I think that this would be great, too! I would miter.
Old 07-09-2010, 08:04 PM

i think mitering would look nicer than cornerstones because the quilt has a lot going on already. smooth borders would finish it off nicely. i think narrow white for separation and then a pastel from the quilt itself.
Old 07-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Kas

I agree with your little voice. It is going to be so pretty when it's all done!