Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: need some sugestions

Hey quilt buddies. I need some suggestions for a quilt using a gazillion 2 1/2" squares. I had a "Make it, Take it" workshop at our annual ASG luncheon. Only 17 came when we usually have 35. I was teaching how to make the star ornament on styrofoam balls. I plan to make a quilt to raffle off at our annual luncheon next year with the leftover squares. Please, a simple pattern. The fabrics are all Christmas patterns or red and white, green etc. I want to make a Christmas quilt if possible. Thanks in advance.

How about looking at www.quiltville.com? She has some great patterns there. :)

Blog Entries
    Around the world? :D:D:D

Blog Entries
    This was posted by quiltsRfun. I like Option #1 one in this this design.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45818-1.htm

Have you ever used Pellon grid? You iron on your pieces to the grid and then sew on the lines, gives the quilt a heavier feel. I made a cal king one and had decided a twin size would be big enough next time due to
    The weight it adds. But it was fun to make. I think they have a tut for it at crookednickle.com

I've been looking for ideas for my Christmas prints and found this one. I was thinking of 2-1/2" squares for the 16 patches

http://quilting.about.com/od/blockof...-pattern_3.htm

Why not "a trip around the world" pattern? I made one of squares like you mentioned. It is really pretty.
    eniluap

My suggestion is a 9 patch set on point --- I like to use the same solid color in the center of each 9 patch and then use it again for the setting triangles and to use white for the setting squares. Using the same fabric in the center of the 9 patch and repeating it for the setting triangles gives the quilt a unified look.....not so random...... I made one in this manner using a bunch of 30's repo fabrics that were cut 2 inches square -- it looked fabulous.

Quote Originally Posted by prayerquilts
    I've been looking for ideas for my Christmas prints and found this one. I was thinking of 2-1/2" squares for the 16 patches

http://quilting.about.com/od/blockof...-pattern_3.htm
    I really like this one, too!

I love the idea of a nine patch on point. It would go together fast and be so pretty.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast