Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: need suggestions please

Banned
    Oh Oh! this brings back major fun memories of when mine were little. I made a big quilt that looked like a checkerboard with red and black bean bags for the checkers. It was huge fun teaching them how to play checkers that way:)

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    I am bookmarking this. You all have such great ideas.

Mine are a little older but one of the things we did together is: On my embroidery machine they pushed the buttons and picked out a picture, one picked a duck and one picked a bear, then we got the thread together and they loved watching the machine work. Then I made it into a pillow and they stuffed it. They had such a great time doing that part. They were so proud of the pillows they made.

Build a bear is making a fortune off of that exact same thing.

Thanks, more great ideas!

My grands are ages 1 to 5. I'm also going to be making some of them back packs (I think).

I love the checker and bean bag idea too.

Power Poster
    There are small pillows available - 12 x 16 - how about getting them a couple of "little" pillows and making pillowcases for them?

The "housewife" or "breakfast" style pillowcase is very neat looking. And quick to make after figuring out how to do it.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3