Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need A Video Tutorial

Hi! I'm working on my first pieced project and it's the "New York Beauty". Got through the triangle part of it now, I have to piece the sun and grandmother's fan on. Can someone please make me a video tutorial on how to do this or direct me to a video please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried looking online with no luck-maybe i'm searching wrong, i don't know!!!
    I NEED SOME HELP.............PLEASE!!!!!

Thank You!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

This is what i've gotten done so far.

Blog Entries
    Wow! New York Beauty is a really difficult pattern to tackle for your first piecing project! The fabrics you have chosen are beautiful.

Where did you get the pattern? I doubt that you are going to find a video tutorial for this particular pattern because it's fairly unusual. Usually this pattern would be tackled by an experienced quilter using a book that explains in detail how to piece the parts together.

My suggestion is to go to Amazon and search for New York Beauty Quilts. One of the books on this topic might have a DVD packaged with it; not sure. A highly rated book, such as Valorie Wells', probably has detailed instructions and pictures to explain the piecing process. I've never done one myself, so I can't provide more advice than that!

Seems like I have seen El Burns do that pattern. She has alot of her videos on her website. http://quiltinaday.com

Blog Entries
    It is beautiful, but i can't find a video on line either..that is a tough first piecing block!
    do you have the book, and having trouble understanding it?

it is difficult, it's for guild. they pick the blocks and then we do them for a sampler quilt. thank god i only have to do one block of this!! so no book, pattern came from someone in the guild. thank you ladies for looking or replying. guess i'll have to go to my LQS and have her show me!

I found it!!! i am so happy!!! just for future reference--if you need a good tutorial on paper piecing the new york beauty go to: quilterscorner.tripod.com.

Quote Originally Posted by montanaquilter
    I found it!!! i am so happy!!! just for future reference--if you need a good tutorial on paper piecing the new york beauty go to: quilterscorner.tripod.com.
    I copied and pasted that link and I dont get anything?

Margie

you are right! sorry about that. i hope that this works. i copied right from the toolbar and pasted it here.

http://quilterscornerclub.tripod.com..._beauty_4.html

i hope that everyone can find it this way. I just tried it out and this link does work!!

Blog Entries
    I took a class on NYB and still haven't finished it. It's very time consuming but so beautiful. I love your colors!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast