Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Need Your Help - Quilt Shops in Vegas >

Need Your Help - Quilt Shops in Vegas

Need Your Help - Quilt Shops in Vegas

Old 06-01-2011, 06:55 AM

I have a friend who is going to be in Las Vegas with her DH on business. She wants to know if there are any good shops to visit while she is there.

Thanks so much.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:09 AM
Banned

There are!!!! The Christmas Goose is a good one (2988 South Durango), the Fabric Boutique (4465 West Charleston) is good, too. There is also a good Mexican restaurant next door.There is also a good one in Henderson if you like Kaffe Facett or Amy Butler type fabrics. (Can't remember the name of that one, but the other shops might tell you what the name is.)
Old 06-01-2011, 07:15 AM

I'll be watching this thread. I've never been to Vegas but my boyfriend wants to go this year - I wasn't too excited about it but this puts a new spin on my sightseeing. Besides, if I'm just gonna lose money gambling, I might as well spend it on fabric!!! :D
Old 06-01-2011, 07:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by the casual quilter
There are!!!! The Christmas Goose is a good one (2988 South Durango), the Fabric Boutique (4465 West Charleston) is good, too. There is also a good Mexican restaurant next door.There is also a good one in Henderson if you like Kaffe Facett or Amy Butler type fabrics. (Can't remember the name of that one, but the other shops might tell you what the name is.)
The one in Henderson is called Quiltique. It is located at 213 N,. Stepanie Street. Nice shop, I was there in December and got some lovely Asian prints and a couple of batiks. They had a nice selection of closeout fabs as well.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:18 AM

My DS and DDIL went to Vegas in April and they were very impressed with Quiltique. One of the members here works there and she helped them greatly get some fabric for me as neither if them know anything about quilting. They also went to the Fabric Boutique but couldn't stop talking about Quiltique. They have said next time they go to Vegas I have to go with them just so that I can go to Quiltique. they have said I might never want to leave if I go there! LOL
Old 06-01-2011, 10:26 AM

You could also check out "Quilt tours of Las Vegas"! We went down in May for only 3 days so I tried to fit lots in during a short stay. I did the 4 shop tour and it was great! Susan Tracy, owner and tour guide picked me up at the hotel and another couple and off we went. For that tour lunch was included in the price. You get about 45 min. in each shop so helps to know what your looking for. I was very happy with the tour. Came home with 1/2 a suitcase filled with fabric, books and patterns.