Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Need your input

Funny. I just happen to be making the same block as you, and almost the same colors. I starch heavy, cut the squares, mark on the diagonal, and sew on both sides of the marking. I don't use a special ruler. Just take your time, and starch.
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

I've made all my blocks for this quilt also, but I did mine in purples, they turned out great! I used Jenny's method and used Best Press and didn't have any problems. Haven't sewn my quilt together yet, going out of town and needed to get some other things done to take to my kids. Can't wait to get it done though. I think your block looks great! Good luck!

grannie cheechee, happy to hear someone else is making the same quilt. Are you using the tutorial on missouri quilt co.or using the HST ruler?
    I had to take a break from another quilt that I am making and thought I would give this one a try before resuming my other quilt that is in slow progress.
    I am hoping that if someone looks at my sample and see that it is wrong they will let me know before I start cutting up
    my material ( fabric is not cheap as you all know) Boy quilting is not easy at all and I think it is harder then sewing clothes.I don't seem to make as many mistakes sewing as I have in piecing quilts LOL.

Thank you Crafty Darlene, I love purple and I bet your's will be beautiful. Good luck on your quilt and have a safe and fun trip.

Looks super to me. Do whatever way you are comfortable with.
    sew1

Blog Entries
    Personally I don't use this method because I do a lot of pressing and would surely stretch the bias.
    Joyce

I have used the 1/4" seam around the block and cut on the diagonal, I had no problem with the bias edges, it worked great for me and I didn't even starch
    Sheena

I made blocks and am doing that quilt the way Jenny does it and not having issues. Lots of people in the forum on missouri star have done this quilt and no issues. Jenny specilizes in shortcuts, but any method can get the same outcome. Happy quilting!!
    *Rachel*

I've tried cutting hst both ways and both work well. Just use whichever method YOU like. I'm not a user of starch and have never had undue difficulty with bias edges. Not sure why some people are so paranoid about them!

Your block looks great and I love your fabric choices. This will be a great quilt!

Dina

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast