Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need your opinions on quilting options...

Question Need your opinions on quilting options...

Made this top for my cuz who is expecting. Not really sure how to go about quilting. I would like to get it done quickly, so I don't really want to SITD as this is time consuming on this particular top. Fairly competent in stipple and loop-de-loop. Any other ideas?
    TIA!
    IMG_1193

How big are the blocks? If they're less than 10 inches, you can SITD with Warm & White batting. However, if you're comfortable doing loops and stipples, why not do one of those? Personally I would probably SITD around the block and do some loope on the border.
    Heather

If you could draw out a posy flower from the border fabric & incorporate that into your loops, that would be kind of fun.

The blocks aren't very big, about 4.5" square. The white part is a jelly roll and the colored strips are honey buns. Good ideas, keep 'em coming!

oh it's pretty!

i like quilting shapes inside the blocks. could you design a flower or something circular/round to contrast with the sharp angles of the blocks? then a linked flower for the border?

whatever you do, it's going to be lovely because it already is!

aileen

Love your quilt but will let the experts advise you on the quilting.
    so many quilts to make, so little time.

and i might experiment with those cool multicoloured threads or something bright to pop out. there's a lot of white in there and you don't want the quilting to die.

aileen

How about half inch cross hatching in the white areas, or straight lines about half inch or quarter inch apart running the length of the white areas, nothing in the colored areas with either of these that I've mentioned. Stippling in just the white areas.

Oh I really like the quilt!

Quote Originally Posted by leatheflea View Post
    How about half inch cross hatching in the white areas, or straight lines about half inch or quarter inch apart running the length of the white areas, nothing in the colored areas with either of these that I've mentioned. Stippling in just the white areas.

Oh I really like the quilt!
    that's what I was thinking too, but without quilting over the colored bars - that would be a lot of starts/stops - which is time consuming (especially if she plans on burying threads).

Babtist Fan comes to mind. Some kind of all over curved treatment.
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    repeat the flowers like the ones in the border? Are the squares meant to be written in? I've always wnated to quilt one of my quilts with song lyrics Perhaps nursery rhymes?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast