Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Needing help again with feed dogs and free motion quilting Sigh*

ok, I tried covering my feed dogs with index card, but now with the presser foot down, the material just doesn't budge under it. Can I secure the presser foot in the up position somehow and quilt that way? Does the presser foot have to be down? is this question making any since? :? ugg.

do you have an embroidery foot, or darning foot? They don't go all the way down so the fabric can move freely under it.

sorry, my machine is old and the only attachment i have is the presser foot. I'm getting a new sewing machine next week, but the quilt wall hanging i'm making is for a wedding in about 4 days. so i don't have time to get a new foot for a sewing machine i wont be using after next week.. guess i'm SOL...

What machine are you getting? Make sure to get the darning or embroidery foor for it, if it doesn't come with it.

I don't know how well it will work but you can TRY taking the presser foot OFF and try doing it that way, I know this is how this machine is used to do free hand embroidery.

Blog Entries
    I was going to suggest removing the pressor foot too, BUT BE CAREFUL!!!
    There will be nothing between the needle and your fingers...

Most machines won't work properly without the pressor foot lever down. That is where my machines tension control engages.

have you tried using an old credit card or bank card?

simply cut a whole for the needleto go through it is stronger than index card and should work better at covering the dogs to allow for freer movement