Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Needing instructions for tote bag from 27" square prequilt fabric

Needing instructions for tote bag from 27" square prequilt fabric

Last winter a neighbor in the Snowbird park gave me instructions to make a tote bag from 27" square. Patchwork (from 5" squares; 6 across x 6 rows down) or use pre quilted fabric. The printed instructions have handwritten notes in the margins and at the time, it was fairly clear. Now, not so much. I have the pre quilted fabric and I'd like to get at it (and not screw it up). There was minimal sewing after the handles get attached, as I remember the 27" gets folded envelope style. Anyone know where I can get better directions ?

Blog Entries
    This is the one I was thinking of that starts out as a square. If it is the right one, they start with a smaller size square so where they measure 8.5" from the corner, you would measure about 1/3 of the way across the long part of the triangle, or about 12.5 inches. I usually add a handle when I make these.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

Monroe, NJ
    Blog Entries
    There might be a tutorial at MSQC for a bag like that.