Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Needle plate screw driver

Needle plate screw driver

Hello fellow quilters. I have been having issues with some of my machines lately and have doing maintenance on them. Over a year ago there was a thread here that someone posted flat screw drivers for the needle plate that would make it easy to unscrew under the head of the machine and the foot as well. I never saved it thinking it was cool but just another expense. Now I realize that sometimes I just HAVE to keep collecting these toys because ultimately I am going to need them. I cannot find it in the archives. Does ANYONE have these tools or remember the information??????? Thanks for your help.

Power Poster
    Was it a source for the really short palm screwdriver? I remember reading something like that but can't remember the source.

You need what I call a 'z shaped screwdriver'. This is available at many stores (Home Depot, etc.). Looks like this: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...PpLdSp0AGqlIBA

I bought a very short, stubby screwdriver from Harbor Freight. The entire thing is less than 1 1/2 inches long. It's very inexpensive - I think I paid 50 cents for it. Bought one for each machine.

Blog Entries
    Here is the site http://www.morkoproducts.com/throat-...crewdriver.php

It is a necessary tool for me! I have the 6600 and I only replace the front screw and have never had a problem.

QUOTE=onthemove;5705562]Hello fellow quilters. I have been having issues with some of my machines lately and have doing maintenance on them. Over a year ago there was a thread here that someone posted flat screw drivers for the needle plate that would make it easy to unscrew under the head of the machine and the foot as well. I never saved it thinking it was cool but just another expense. Now I realize that sometimes I just HAVE to keep collecting these toys because ultimately I am going to need them. I cannot find it in the archives. Does ANYONE have these tools or remember the information??????? Thanks for your help.[/QUOTE]

These are the two that I have. Both came with my machine so I can't give you a source. You should be able to get either of them at most hardware stores though - even if you have to improvise for the flat one - just make sure that you have the correct size to fit the screw on your machine.

Hmm ... I see my husband needs a manicure
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    May your stitches always be straight, your seams always lie flat, and your grain never be biased against you.

Sue

Blog Entries
    I have the UFO looking one in the picture. It works great. I don't remember where or how I got it. I think it came with one of my machines.
    Got fabric?

Every hardware store will have stubby screwdrivers. You don't really need something labeled for sewing machines.

Harbor Freight has the short ratchet one--I think it was about 3.95...but you can substitute a flat washer also--just match the thickness to the slot in your screws and slip a chain (etc) thru the hole so you won't lose it.

I keep a dime in my sewing bx. just the right thickness for the screws in the plate

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast