Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Needle threader on Pfaff Creative Performance >

Needle threader on Pfaff Creative Performance

Needle threader on Pfaff Creative Performance

Old 10-28-2014, 06:00 AM

Default Needle threader on Pfaff Creative Performance

Is there a way I can adjust the needle threader myself on the Pfaff machine? It is not lining up with the needle and I don't want to have to rely on the dealer to fix it every time.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:07 AM

Make sure your needle is in the right position. I have used a magnifying glass to see better. Line up the needle threader with the eye of the needle and gently move the tiny thread hook until it goes in the eye of the needle. I hope this helps.
Old 10-28-2014, 06:38 AM

I have a Pfaff QE 4.0, but maybe the needle threading is the same. I lower the presser foot, move the takeup lever to the highest position, move the needle threader to see if it goes throw the needle eye, if not move the needle up or down until the threader will engage with the needle eye. When that all lines up, you're ready to thread the needle. I hope this helps.
Old 10-29-2014, 06:40 AM

The problem appears to be one where I need some kind of tool to adjust the needle threader. It doesn't line up under any circumstances w/the needle.
Old 10-29-2014, 08:40 PM

You could ask your dealer to show you how it's done. I know we would show you if you came in and asked, where I work.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:04 PM
Gay

Just a thought - have you recently put a new needle in, if so is it inserted the whole way? If not, this would prevent the threader from lining up.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:01 PM

Don't have a pfaff but do have janome, bernina , brother husqvane and singer all the needle threaders are temperamental. The needle needs to be as high as possible and in the centre position. This may sound obvious but when we are sewing and have moved a needle to do a scant 1/4" easy to forget.

I find I thread by eye more than with the threader and quicker.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:18 AM

I have a couple of Pfaffs, but as DOTTYMO says - threaders can be tempramental. It's easy to bend the little wire (done this on a Janome) and have to realign it with the aid of a magnifying glass.

Also, I use quite a fine Microtex needle for appliqué sometimes - 70/10 - and often find the auto threader doesn't work properly, so I use one of the Multi Purpose Needle Threaders. Although that's a UK site, I actually got mine on eBay.

You place your thread across at the little arrow where indicated, run it down the front of your needle and a little wire pops out pushing your thread through the eye - voilà! It's really the same principle as as the one on your machine, but seems to handle smaller eyes better. Good luck!
Old 10-30-2014, 07:58 AM

Checked w/the Pfaff dealer and need a #6 torq tool and a #70/10 needle . . .also a magnifying glass, and lots of patience! It sounds tricky, but I now have instructions to follow. Hope I can do it.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:39 AM

The needle threader on my Pfaff did the same thing. I was so frustrated that I did what the others suggested and got out a magnifying glass and gently realigned it myself.