Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
needle threader >

needle threader

needle threader

Old 11-10-2010, 12:40 PM

I recently joined quilters club of america, and was watching the first episode of quilt out loud. There on the screen larger than life was mark lipinski using a small flat metal object which he used to pick up 2 threads and put them thru the eye of a hand quilting needle to pull threads to the inside of a quilt. I am trying to avoid the wire needle threader, has anyone seen this other type threader? What is it called and where can I get one. It is not a tapestry needle threader either. Hoping someone has the help Im looking for. :)
Old 11-10-2010, 01:04 PM

I have a Clover needle threader that I LOVE!!! It has saved me countless hours of trying to thread a needle. My DD got if for me with a 50% coupon at Michael's for my birthday last year. They are $18 there and worth it. You can buy smaller versions for about $3 but I haven't tried them. Now if I could figure out how to use the needle threader on my sewing machine, I will be one happy sewer!! :mrgreen:

http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?prod_id=531
Old 11-10-2010, 01:14 PM
Banned

for burying the thread ends I got the "Spiral Needle" A bit expensive but sure worth it in the time saved in trying to thread the needle to bury the thread. I'm in love with it.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by SherriB
I have a Clover needle threader that I LOVE!!! It has saved me countless hours of trying to thread a needle. My DD got if for me with a 50% coupon at Michael's for my birthday last year. They are $18 there and worth it. You can buy smaller versions for about $3 but I haven't tried them. Now if I could figure out how to use the needle threader on my sewing machine, I will be one happy sewer!! :mrgreen:

http://www.clotilde.com/detail.html?prod_id=531
Thanks, I have one of the clover threaders that I got from Joann, but once I saw this "thing" on the net, I thought it was just what I needed. Lots of loose ends since I can only qayg.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by Holice
for burying the thread ends I got the "Spiral Needle" A bit expensive but sure worth it in the time saved in trying to thread the needle to bury the thread. I'm in love with it.
Think this is what I may be looking for. Yes expensive but I did order after I read your post. Thanks
Old 11-13-2010, 08:29 PM

Could it be this one?
http://www.quiltknit.com/NT857-CLOVE...ER_p_1820.html
Old 11-15-2010, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by EasyPeezy
No,thanks for the post, I have that one, hoping the twisted needle will solve the problem tho. :-)