Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8

Thread: nees sewing machine info please

Elna/Janome are excellent machines.

google it!

I had an Elna for almost 40 years that I bought in the 70's for about $300. About 5 years ago I decided to upgrade and bought a Janome 4900 Memory Craft. I finally had to send my beloved Elna to my daughter in San Diego so I would be forced to use my new machine! After so long with the same machine I knew every little bit and piece of that machine and was so comfortable with it. The new machine was a steep learning curve for me because the Elna was mechanical and the Janome is electronic. My daughter has strict instructions that the machine is to stay in the family. I love my "new" machine now but it was so hard in the beginning to stay away from my old friend. The Elna brand has always been very dependable and reliable. I had very few problems with my Elna through the years.

My Janome 6600P has a 25 yr warranty. But I pay the labor. My Janome is a 1600.00 machine.
    Diane/Wyoming

Quote Originally Posted by babyfireo4
    No typo it has a 25 yr warranty limited parts I'm assuming. Service for life is also true as the owner is in his late 70's and said til the end of his life not the machines!
    thats what eleanor burns uses,but i dont know any thing about them,it looks like a nice machine on her show, but hers would be top of the line

Quote Originally Posted by grammysews4u
    No typo it has a 25 yr warranty limited parts I'm assuming. Service for life is also true as the owner is in his late 70's and said til the end of his life not the machines!
    thats what eleanor burns uses,but i dont know any thing about them,it looks like a nice machine on her show, but hers would be top of the line
    Eleanor promotes BabyLock now.

Quote Originally Posted by QUILTHER
    Quote Originally Posted by grammysews4u
    Eleanor promotes BabyLock now.
    your right I forgot that,thanks for the update

Blog Entries
    Update: I did get the Elna 5200! I love it! The free motion is lots of fun to learn and have finished 2 quilts on it and made one from scratch!

Elna is a good brand of machine. I have had several students who used them and loved the machine.

If I could justify buying another after just purchasing a Janome 3 years ago, I would definitely grab the Janome Horizon. Test drive one.....you'll love it!!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 7 8