Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Neither snow, nor rain, nor postal strike, will stop my quilt from getting through! >

Neither snow, nor rain, nor postal strike, will stop my quilt from getting through!

Neither snow, nor rain, nor postal strike, will stop my quilt from getting through!

Old 11-14-2014, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Stitchnripper View Post
That is wonderful to hear. And something positive about Facebook! Please let us know when she gets it!!!
I have lots of positive things to say about FB...besides showing off quilts and being part of several very active FB quilting groups (love the instant chance to just like something without actually posting)....a couple of good examples in our lives:

One time someone made and took my daughter a birthday cake when I asked if someone could since I was missing her a lot and wanted to surprise her (we are in Poland, she was in the US).

But, one time we were stuck on the road as our car had broken down. I posted it on FB and a friend who was behind us on the same freeway (we were in NC heading to SC) made contact, and towed us to SC to our son's graduation! They had a truck. Unbelievable.

All because of FB. Now both of those situations involved people who were already "friends" on FB, but it is amazing what can be done when people pull togther.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:56 AM

Aren't friends and quilters just THE BEST PEOPLE?? So glad you were able to get this worked out.............Let us hear, after Christmas, what she thought of the quilt....( picture to post? )
Old 11-15-2014, 06:42 AM

Isn't it wonderful when things come together it couldn't have been planned better.
Old 11-15-2014, 07:09 AM

I hope you have time to write and attach the history of the quilt and how it traveled to its new home before the quilt leaves your home. What a wonderful story!
Old 11-15-2014, 03:18 PM
Power Poster

Give a standing ovation to technology as well as the kindness of quilters everywhere.