Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: neon coloured fabric

Smile neon coloured fabric

I have triplet grandaughters which would likethe cord type back packs. They all love the neon colours. One yellow, one green and the other pink. I have googled for neon coloured fabric and have come up empty Any ideas where I could purchase neon coloured quilting fabric?.....with thanks

Neon colors?????????? Try the on line sites. I've got a lot myself and have seen far more.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

thank you....this seems to be the " in " thing for the 12 year old girls this year !!

Blog Entries
    I am not sure about neon fabric but I can tell you a source for neon cording. Home Depot sells bright neon cording in orange, yellow and green. And it is much cheaper than buying it at a fabric store or even Walmart. DD wanted a drawstring bag for her trip to New Oleans. I used denim and got some bright neon green cording at Home Depot for about $3.00. DD loved it!! I had enough for her bag and now DH has a good amount of cording left for what ever he may need.
    Sherri

Hobby Lobby has some neon looking colors in the three you mentioned.
    jackie

Thank you very much......I will be trying both stores, never thought of making the cording in the colours but now I will....

I made these a few years ago with some light canvas.

For backpacks I don't see why you couldn't use the ripstop fabric like is used for banners. I know I've seen it in the neon colors. You would need to use a denim or other dense fabric for the backing/ lining to give needed strength for carrying books.

thank you....I have not heard of rip stop fabric so I will be looking for it..... thanks for the help on the fabric choice of using denim for the backing /lining. that makes a lot more sense