Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Never again!!!

Never again!!!

In a weak moment I decided to make quilts for 3 of the grandchildren for Christmas. They came back from the quilter on Dec 1st. I have to have the bindings on all 3 before Dec 14th as they are being shipped out of state. I finished the binding on one today, two more to go. Christmas decorating & baking will have to wait until these are done. Lesson: Three quilts to complete at Christmas was a not so smart idea.

I did the same thing last year. 3 quilts before Christmas ... this year one quilt before christmas .. Binding is on and ready to go in the mail. I had been where you are!!! I do feel your pain.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Nurse View Post
    In a weak moment I decided to make quilts for 3 of the grandchildren for Christmas. They came back from the quilter on Dec 1st. I have to have the bindings on all 3 before Dec 14th as they are being shipped out of state. I finished the binding on one today, two more to go. Christmas decorating & baking will have to wait until these are done. Lesson: Three quilts to complete at Christmas was a not so smart idea.
    2 Christmases ago, I like some dumb person that I was that year...made 7 yep you read that right 7 quilts for Christmas gifts....NEVER AGAIN. I started them on October 28, finished the binding on the 7th one ON THE WAY to the Christmas Party. Learned a lesson there. Glad you got your done.
    There comes a time in life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh, forget the bad, and focus on the good. So, love the people who treat you right. Think good thoughts for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is part of LIFE...Getting back up is LIVING...

I once made a queen sized quilt in one week from start to finish for a graduation gift! That was a close one but I had to tie it because I didn't have time to hand quilt it. I wasn't about to quilt a biggy on my regular machine. NEVER AGAIN!

Blog Entries
    I too am in the 3 quilts before christmas boat! I have one top done, the other top cut out and the other quilt fabric still in the bag! I have a very tough class this month so it doesn't give me time during the week to quilt so I have to sew frantically on Fridays and Saturdays. Fortunately, only one is going out of state, I have until Dec 25 for the other 2! I will get them done but gotta pass this class too!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Jim
    I am working on 14...two Kings...and 12 throws (almost twin sized)...have one king top finished other half finished and 7 of the throw tops finished...will have all but the last king top finished by sunday...and then on to marathon quilting...luckily we have a mid arm, so I can get them on and off asap...but the bindings are the part I like least
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort :lol:

I did the same thing about 3 years ago. We had a 7 hour car trip to get to their place and I was hand-stitching the bindings all the way. It was worth the effort as the three grandchildren loved their quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired Nurse View Post
    every year I swear I'm not going to get so many Christmas projects going--------every year I start even more.
    Sounds like overextending ourselves seems to be a trait common to all.
    Bad Spellers of the World
    U N T I E

We all have to remember how busy this time of year is and try to allow ourselves more time for things like finishing projects for christmas.
    katigirl

If it weren't for the last minute I would never get anything done . Always tomorrow till it has to be done by then then I hurry like a mad woman to get it finished
    Weatheread
    Caddo Mills ,Tx

Page 1 of 8 1 2 ... LastLast