Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
It Never Fails >

It Never Fails

It Never Fails

Old 10-03-2012, 11:40 AM

LOL, thanks ladies. My finger is no longer numb, but throbbing. I don't know when I last had a tetanus shot, though, so I think I will call the doctor about that. I should just expect these things when I quilt for other people. A few years back, I was rotary cutting late at night and my finger was over the edge of the ruler just a little. That was quite a night. Still hurt less than my finger now, or so it seems right now, lol.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:40 AM

Ouch! Hope you feel better soon!

I know someone who was making a shark-themed quilt for her young daughter and bled on the blue-and-white quilt. Her daughter insisted she leave the blood stain in, because after all, it was a SHARK quilt. Made me want to adopt that little girl!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:42 AM

I've done that and yes, it really hurts. Once you rule out infection or tetanus, you'll heal pretty quickly, though. Kisses on the booboo.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:50 AM

Poor Honey HANG IN THERE!!! oUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by AlienQuilter View Post
I'm not diabetic but have relatives who are and they have to be real careful about injuries. If you are diabetic call your doctor!

You really do put a little of yourself in each quilt!

I should talk - I'm a klutz too!
Usually that applies to a foot injury. A slow healing injury needs to be reported to your dr. but otherwise, you should be fine.
Old 10-03-2012, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Ps 150 View Post
LOL, thanks ladies. My finger is no longer numb, but throbbing. I don't know when I last had a tetanus shot, though, so I think I will call the doctor about that. I should just expect these things when I quilt for other people. A few years back, I was rotary cutting late at night and my finger was over the edge of the ruler just a little. That was quite a night. Still hurt less than my finger now, or so it seems right now, lol.
I seriously doubt there was any tetanus bacteria, on your needle, so don't freak out about that. Unless you've been using that needle to dig outside, chances are it's relatively clean. Still a good idea, to talk to a doctor, though.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:53 PM

Sorry - but i have to agree with the crowd....have the doctor look. Puncture wounds are the most likely to get infected because "germs" get pushed down inside - and also they take the longest to heal. Staff can be found everywhere !! Not trying to be a doom-sayer or to scare you -- but in this case -given where and how you did this -- it's just best to be safe -- and a tetanis booster if you need one is always a good idea anyway. We all just want you to be ok.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Power Poster

The worst I have done - knock on wood - was I use to always stick a finger with a pin or needle and bleed on several quilts and comforters. I'm sure glad I started being more careful.
good Luck.
Old 10-03-2012, 02:16 PM

I have to be careful about letting any blood loose.....being on blood thinners. I do notice blood flows freely now then it did before I started Coumadin.

Glad your feeling better!!
Old 10-03-2012, 04:12 PM
Power Poster

I've sewn through the side of my finger but never right through the finger and the nail! OUCH!!!!! It's going to be a long night with it throbbing. I hope it heals fast.