Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: It Never Fails

LOL, thanks ladies. My finger is no longer numb, but throbbing. I don't know when I last had a tetanus shot, though, so I think I will call the doctor about that. I should just expect these things when I quilt for other people. A few years back, I was rotary cutting late at night and my finger was over the edge of the ruler just a little. That was quite a night. Still hurt less than my finger now, or so it seems right now, lol.
    "Love is not love which alters when it alteration finds, or bends with the remover to remove."

Blog Entries
    Ouch! Hope you feel better soon!

I know someone who was making a shark-themed quilt for her young daughter and bled on the blue-and-white quilt. Her daughter insisted she leave the blood stain in, because after all, it was a SHARK quilt. Made me want to adopt that little girl!!!

I've done that and yes, it really hurts. Once you rule out infection or tetanus, you'll heal pretty quickly, though. Kisses on the booboo.
    "The business of life is making memories. In the end, it is all we have." Butler Charlie Carson, Downton Abbey, season 4, episode 3, PBS.

Poor Honey HANG IN THERE!!! oUCHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    SUEB

Quote Originally Posted by AlienQuilter View Post
    I'm not diabetic but have relatives who are and they have to be real careful about injuries. If you are diabetic call your doctor!

You really do put a little of yourself in each quilt!

I should talk - I'm a klutz too!
    Usually that applies to a foot injury. A slow healing injury needs to be reported to your dr. but otherwise, you should be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Ps 150 View Post
    LOL, thanks ladies. My finger is no longer numb, but throbbing. I don't know when I last had a tetanus shot, though, so I think I will call the doctor about that. I should just expect these things when I quilt for other people. A few years back, I was rotary cutting late at night and my finger was over the edge of the ruler just a little. That was quite a night. Still hurt less than my finger now, or so it seems right now, lol.
    I seriously doubt there was any tetanus bacteria, on your needle, so don't freak out about that. Unless you've been using that needle to dig outside, chances are it's relatively clean. Still a good idea, to talk to a doctor, though.
    Neesie

By all means let's be open-minded, but not so open-minded that our brains drop out.
    ~Richard Dawkins

Sorry - but i have to agree with the crowd....have the doctor look. Puncture wounds are the most likely to get infected because "germs" get pushed down inside - and also they take the longest to heal. Staff can be found everywhere !! Not trying to be a doom-sayer or to scare you -- but in this case -given where and how you did this -- it's just best to be safe -- and a tetanis booster if you need one is always a good idea anyway. We all just want you to be ok.
    Of all the things i've lost, i miss my mind the most.

The worst I have done - knock on wood - was I use to always stick a finger with a pin or needle and bleed on several quilts and comforters. I'm sure glad I started being more careful.
    good Luck.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

I have to be careful about letting any blood loose.....being on blood thinners. I do notice blood flows freely now then it did before I started Coumadin.

Glad your feeling better!!
    Everyone is born right handed, only the gifted overcome it.
    I have already committed my felonies, so people don't have to worry. (Russell Means)
    I swear to you, I am guilty of only being Indian. That's why I am here. (Leonard Peltier)

Power Poster
    I've sewn through the side of my finger but never right through the finger and the nail! OUCH!!!!! It's going to be a long night with it throbbing. I hope it heals fast.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast