Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
NEVER MIND!  How small are crumbs? >

NEVER MIND! How small are crumbs?

NEVER MIND! How small are crumbs?

Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 PM

I've been saving my scraps but would like to know how small a piece I should include in a "freebie" baggie. I don't want to take up space with unusable pieces. What would you consider the smallest "crumb" to be saved?

WOULD LIKE TO DELETE, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW! After posting I did a search and found out what a "crumb" is. If you bothered with this posting, sorry for the interruption! :oops:
Old 01-11-2011, 04:12 PM

Hi Evie, there are not many posts that are a 'bother'. Your post is not a bother. I am happy to visit with you for a moment and if you had not made your post I wouldn't have the opportunity to do that.
Let's think about it this way. At this moment there are 549 members logged in. Several of them may have just joined today and might enjoy learning what a crumb is. They will remember your post and think "I can do a search like Evie did!". You've helped them.
But, in all fairness to you, if you do want your post deleted you
can send a private message to any moderator and they will do
it for you.
I enjoyed our visit./Regards, Dorothy :thumbup:
Old 01-11-2011, 04:31 PM

You are funny not a bother I have my own little oops out there and well your is actually a good question!!
Old 01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Power Poster

Ummmm, so Evie, what did you find out? I have had the same question!
Old 01-11-2011, 05:26 PM
Power Poster

See, Evie?? Dorothy was right!! :) :)
Old 01-11-2011, 05:29 PM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

lol.. Yup Im with them.. Ask away.. I'm not a newbie (not an expert either) but sometimes a question comes up that Ive never heard of before.. So go ahead.. ask away...
Old 01-11-2011, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Evie
I've been saving my scraps but would like to know how small a piece I should include in a "freebie" baggie. I don't want to take up space with unusable pieces. What would you consider the smallest "crumb" to be saved?

WOULD LIKE TO DELETE, BUT DON'T KNOW HOW! After posting I did a search and found out what a "crumb" is. If you bothered with this posting, sorry for the interruption! :oops:
Evie I think it's a brilliant post 'cos not a lot of quilters know about "Crumb" quilting I have found, I do as I do a lot for Project Linus.

The best answer to this question I think you will find here, http://quiltville.com/crumbs.shtml which is where I first found out about it.
Old 01-11-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK

Evie I think it's a brilliant post 'cos not a lot of quilters know about "Crumb" quilting I have found, I do as I do a lot for Project Linus.

The best answer to this question I think you will find here, http://quiltville.com/crumbs.shtml which is where I first found out about it.
Thank you for your question - I just learned something new
Old 01-11-2011, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by JUNEC
Originally Posted by QultingaddictUK

Thank you for your question - I just learned something new
Me too!!! :thumbup:
Old 01-13-2011, 08:06 AM

Thanks to all for understanding. I found the quiltville site on my search and found out all about crumbs and other scraps. If I had searched before I leaped . . . . :D But, Dorothy, you're right -- I've enjoyed my "visit" with all of you. (Dorothy, love your hummingbirds!)